The southwest GPwER in gastroenterology training programme
Would you like to develop a portfolio career? Do you have an interest in gastroenterology? If the answer to these questions is ‘yes’, this role could be perfect for you.
We are currently recruiting innovative and enthusiastic GPs across the southwest to join an exciting new programme aimed at developing GPwER in gastroenterology.
We are offering a 12-month training programme to support the development of several GPwER in gastroenterology across the southwest. You do not need any prior gastroenterology training to be eligible for this role. You will work alongside a gastroenterologist at your local hospital in outpatient clinic for 1 session per week learning to consult patients with general gastrointestinal presentations in a supervised and supported environment. Alongside this ‘on-the-job’ training, we will provide an educational programme to support your learning, with a monthly education session, and guided independent study. We aim to build an active community of like-minded GPwER in gastroenterology across the South-West sharing experiences, training, resources, and innovation. The wider aim of the programme is to develop GPwER working across primary and secondary care in innovative roles supporting gastroenterology waiting lists and pathways, whilst creating rewarding and interesting careers.
What we are looking for
Successful applicants will be:
- Qualified GPs, or GPs due to complete training by early 2023
- Keen to learn and develop their skills and knowledge in gastroenterology
- Collaborative individuals who want to be part of a wider network of GPwER sharing ideas and innovation across the region
- Comfortable supplementing their clinic experience through self-directed learning
- Enthusiastic and forward-thinking GPs
- 12-month programme
- 1.5 sessions per week (£10,000 per session)
- The training programme will run on a Wednesday afternoon (half-day) once a month. This will be an online teaching session, delivered by specialists in gastroenterology and including educational seminars and case-based discussions.
- Clinical/hospital-based session will be flexible around the availability of the GP/gastroenterology trainer
- No prior gastroenterology training is required
- Upon completion of the initial 12-month programme, your local trust will provide you with further support to develop your skills and knowledge.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your motivation for applying for the role to email@example.com.
In your covering letter please indicate which Trust(s) you would be interested in being placed with; the options available are:
- Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Charlie Andrews (lead GP for the SW GPwER programme) at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 9/12/22.
This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.