Come and join us at the Coeliac UK Research Conference 9 – 10 March 2016
For 2016 we will be holding a two day event. The first day will provide an update on research in coeliac disease and the second day will focus on research which supports or directly underpins the Charity’s strategic aims around diagnosis and management of the condition.
Day one: Coeliac disease; current controversies and advances
This conference will provide an opportunity to gain a broad update on research in coeliac disease, the current controversies and advances in diagnosis, management and therapeutics.
- Pitfalls in biopsy readout in coeliac disease; Professor Markku Mäki
- Emerging issues in the diagnosis of coeliac disease in paediatrics; Dr Peter Gillett
- Oats in coeliac disease – do we have the full picture; Professor Knut Lundin
- Update on therapeutic advances; Professor Ludvig Sollid
- Could hookworms act as a living drug for coeliac disease; Professor David Pritchard
- Measuring quaility of life in coeliac disease – development of the CDAQ; Helen Crocker
- Refractory coeliac disease; Professor Christophe Cellier
- Non coeliac gluten sensitivity; Professor Simon Murch
We encourage researchers, pathologists, gastroenterologists, dietitians and other healthcare professionals with an interest in coeliac disease to attend the conference which provides an opportunity for continuing professional development and networking.
Call for abstracts
There is a call for abstracts for day one of the conference. There will be a poster session during the lunch break, with a £500 prize for the best poster, to fund the lead author’s attendance at an international event, to increase dissemination of the research. Please email submissions forms to the Research Manager, Dr Heidi Urwin, by 12 February.
Day two: Diagnosis and management of coeliac disease – time for reflection
This conference will focus on the research that supports or directly underpins the Charity’s strategic aims around diagnosis and management of coeliac disease. There will be plenty of opportunity for discussion and the aim is to produce a report on the conference proceedings to aid the development of public policies in support of patients with coeliac disease.
- NICE guideline on coeliac disease – the research gaps; Rachel Houten
- Epidemiology of coeliac disease in the UK; Dr Colin Crooks
- Helping to diagnose coeliac disease in primary care; Dr Geraint Preest
- Point of care tests in coeliac disease – new emerging evidence; Dr Michelle Lau
- Community pharmacy and coeliac disease; Alastair Buxton
- Scottish Gluten-Free Food Service; Alpana Mair
- Follow up in children with coeliac disease; Dr Margreet Wessels
- Dietitian led group coeliac clinics vs dietetic standard care in newly diagnosed patients; Nick Trott
- Management of patients with persistent symptoms; Dr Matthew Kurien.
We encourage GPs, pharmacists, dietitians and other healthcare professionals with an interest in coeliac disease to attend the conference.
10am to 4:15pm, Wednesday 9 – 10 March, 2016.
The event is free to attend due to the kind sponsorship of Casillo Group, Cereal Partners Worldwide, Glutafin, ImmusanT, Juvela, Provena and Thermo Fisher Scientific.
I would like to attend
To register your interest in attending the event please apply here. Please be sure to indicate on the form whether you wish to attend the first or second day or both conferences.